Monday, October 8, 2012

Why do I care about your kids health?

What will a healthy kid look like in ten years? Will they be the minority? Will heart disease, diabetes, obesity, food allergies and malnutrition be the new normal? I hope not. I know that the children and future generations that are their peers will be the ones to take care of my generation as we age. I worry that my generation as the generation X's will have to take care of both our aging parents and our unhealthy children. The time to do something about it is now. That is why I do what I do. I don't get paid much, if any, to rally for my beliefs. It will cost us more in the long run if more people like me don't stand up for our kids.

Will you help me?
I just found out the new date for 2013's Food Revolution Day! I am very excited to announce that May 17 will be the next Food Revolution Day. I have lots of ideas but I need your help. Here's what I want you to ask yourself...

 If I could help, even just a little bit, what could I do to 
change one small thing at my child's 
school or my community? 


In my dream world I will organize 3 main events: A farmers market at my son's school, a farmers market festival and a home centered pot luck with my dearest friends (maybe even throw in a viewing of the best food related documentary). Lots of work to come. But in the end I believe its all worth it!

Post your ideas or email me privately. I would love to hear them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment